Wednesday, November 11, 2009

moved from other blog : Beginning of the end?

Copied from my attempt to keep anonymity on baywords, which had a much nicer layout but I'm no longer concerned with keeping my name off of things. I only did that so religious family members wouldn't get upset about my soul after reading my rants.

Many times I have written intent to spread. Each time a very few if any people read it. It’s partly because of my ever growing understanding and because of the fear of society. Having started a blog here, on Baywords, where my anonymity will hopefully be kept, I find it still unlikely for me to publish much on here. I have conflicting thoughts which may seem odd to some, but you have to always keep an open mind. Be ever vigilant in the truth whichever it maybe. To believe imagination is archaic. Of course I still use my imagination in my art and music. These things are part of being human, without which we would be barbarians. Currently I am reading some of the works of the early Greek philosophers. In this I have found a fondness for the human species that I was afraid I was never going to get back. (Lost faith in humanity) I am enthralled by the higher thinking of such men. I find it a rare quality among my peers. Very few seem to even have the will for wisdom. The consumer as most people are referred to is a waste of lives. We should be doing greater and better than this; than this self absorbed, controlling mindset. I have risen above it, as have many others. The face remains that I have yet to find a group of like minded individuals. It hurts. My heart and mind reach out for other like me. It’s human nature to (note to self, write about human nature) be social with others like yourself. But isn’t it also human to understand and accept differences. The beauty of differences is an amazing part of our ever changing cosmos. We have potentially unlimited possibilites, but what we have and had should be cherished. It’s magnificent. The different cultures alone could be studied for many lifetimes. We have a vast amount of imagination and learning. To keep this knowledge from each other is a viscious attack on our belief of superiority among the other creatures of our world. To achieve a higher understanding and spread it through ourselves would be a sight I look forward to. We shouldn’t limit education to those that can afford it. What is money anyways? Why do we care so much about things which have little to no meaning. Cars, houses, clothes, jewlery, etc. Nearly everything has become an excess (at least in my part of Earth) and for that matter is useless and corrupt. The purity of nature should be enjoyed. The imagination of sentient beings should be brought to life. I feel we should strive to understand all, not just what we can sense now. If we were to be stuck to only our senses we would never have known that we breath oxygen. Imagine the science and medical arts of today being reverted to prayers and witch doctors magic knowledge. To appreciate our achievements and history is far from the normality of everyday people. I speak from personal experiences many times, my wisdom. I haven’t always believed what I do now, I won’t always believe what I do now. We are constantly changing and learning creatures. Always evolving. Although we have seen little evidence of evolution physically our minds have been opened to the evolution that is our collective knowledge. If I’ve lost you let me explain. Say you were born in the hunter gatherer days. The only way to share knowledge was to demonstrate or oral delivery. Now we have books, television, schools, teachers, and internet. The amount of accumulated knowledge is beyond comprehension. Such an unfathomable amount of knowledge can have it’s pains too. There is much trash and poppycock to have to wade through to get to the good bits. My advice, is to start with very old works. The depressing part about classic literature is how poorly it has been kept over the centuries. Lost, burned, stolen, missplaced, all of these wonderful people writing things beyond most of every man’s understanding alive today. It’s this tragedy that currently breaks my heart. My imagination has soared in the thought of traveling back in time to ancient Greece and chatting and learning from the great philosophers. One in particular that I’m interested in is Zeno of Citium. His Stoicism has been a recent discovery. Quite a man to admire. But again, most of his work if he even wrote any is no more. There are just fragments of his teachings and thoughts scattered throughout Greece’s past. This, lack of caring for knowledge needs to stop. We must remember and keep records. If for only the future generations to learn and go beyond what we have achieved today. We must always strive to be better, not for ourselves but for each other.

Addendum:
I may edit this article later and fix some mistakes. Also I may change the format or explain some more parts. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to do so.

No comments: